Registering with GitHub
1. On github.com, click on the “Sign up” button in the upper right corner
2. Enter your email address. It would be a good idea to use the same email account as you are using with CyberGISX. Click continue.
3. Create a password. Click continue.
4. Create a username. This username will be visible to others, so use something you feel comfortable sharing. After you have found an available username, click continue. At this point, Github will ask you to verify your email address by entering a six-digit code sent to the email address provided.
5. The next several pages are options Github is giving you to personalize your account. You do not need to do this for CyberGISX, so you can click “Skip Personalization.” If you choose to personalize your account, note that the free version of Github is more than adequate for your purposes. Do not pay for the extended version unless you have a need for it beyond CyberGISX.
6. After completing the sign-up process, you will be directed to this page. This is your main dashboard. For more generic information about using Github, click “Read the Guide” (or here) to read Github’s quick start guide.